Second combat squad (kitbashing)

My first Astral Knights combat squad was very plain in terms of the models used as I was testing out the paint job more than anything else.  As I was very happy with the way they turned out, I have decided to have a go at making the second combat quad a bit more unique, using modelling as well as the paint job to make them stand out from vanilla marines.

Here is my first attempt.  This guy uses bits from the Dark Angels Vets boxed set to make him look like an experienced Astral Knight who has lots of battle honours and iconography on his armour and equipment.  Note the swords on his bolter, backpack and shoulder pad. 




So what do people think?  Is it going to make a difference when painted up?
More to come as well so keep an eye out for the rest of the squad.....

2 comments:

  1. You know I like it already! The Dark Angels vet box is excellent isn't it, also the Grey Knights marines box would be good as the sword icon they use is almost identical to the Dark Angel one.

    What are you going to do for your sergeants?

    Keep the excellent models coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might approve ieuan!

    The only problem I have with the grey knights is getting rid of all the books, I might have a go at filing them flat and then sculpting stars over the top...

    The rest of the squad are coming and I've had some fun with the sergeant which I'll post asap.

    ReplyDelete