WIP, tactical squad sergeant's banner

I've painted up the banner for the tactical squad sergeant.  It was based in dark grey and then given a coat of kantor blue.  The back was washed with drakenhof nightshade in the recesses and then highlighted up to altdorf guard blue.  I tried to use wet blending to give a gradual colour change, partially successfully I think.

On the front I used the same process but took the highlights up to teclis blue to give it a bit more punch.  I then freehanded the chapter symbol (using the same process as on the shoulder pads) and company number in white.  I used a very light grey to put some shadow in the folds of the white.

More on the diagonal colour swap next post.....



Any hints, tips or ideas for banner painting would be much appreciated so please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment